Agent Coulson’s Revival In AGENTS OF S.H.I.E.L.D. Explained?
So there’s a rumour going around on various news sites about Coulsons revival, but it’s kind of underwhelming and pretty much plays on the simple, logical explanation we can deduce from The Avengers, but I’m going to put it under a cut, anyways.
It’s not one I really buy, at least not exactly as presented.
1. It doesn’t seem all that Whedon-y.
2. Right on the heels of this quote of Clark’s where he said that the manner Joss cooked to bring Coulson back was “his answer was so perfect and so complex and so delicately managed to not undermine everything that came before”, it just seems kind of… ludicrously clunky.
I mean, I can certainly imagine some elements are there, but… (cut for potential maybe-spoilers.)
i think the thing that a lot of people forget about coulson is that he’s a fucking badass. i was rewatching thor, and during the brief interrogation scene—whoa. guys, this is a man whose job is to bring down criminals. break up empires.
and yes, he can be a cute little fanboy sometimes (which is great! he can do whatever he wants!) but he’s also a BAMF most of the time
so don’t let his cuteness fool you. he can destroy you without a second thought.
I think people forget Coulson is a badass only at their own peril.
I can’t stop playing with AO3 tag filters. This might be a problem.
The top ten fandoms in the Not A Fix-It tag:
The degree to which it’s not even close kind of amuses the heck out of me.
Thankfully, however, canon’s providing its own fix-it. :D
- Me: ... Oh my God I just got the best mental image.
- stickthisbig: ?
- Me: Okay, you know in the LotR movies when Denethor shoves Faramir onto the funeral pyre over Pippin's objections?
- stickthisbig: yeah
- Me: That hobbit is the Coulson fandom.
- stickthisbig: ahahahaha
- stickthisbig: so true.
- Me: HE'S NOT DEAAAAAAAAAD!
Phun With Philters
(I apologize already for the title.)
So anyway, I’ve been having ridiculous amounts of amusement playing around with the new AO3 filters, especially seeing what the predominant freeform tags are for various pairings and characters and scenarios. (As is evidenced by my post from last night.)
Soooo, I went ahead and decided to see what the top freeforms were for Coulson paired with each of the main characters (and a few minor ones!) in Avengers!
So, behind the cut, here we go, along with my reactions:
HI TAG FILTERING. LONG TIME NO SEE.
Top ten additional tags under ‘Phil Coulson’ on the AO3.
(Frankly, I’m surprised ‘Fix-It’ is only number five.)
…. Hm, so could I call this a ‘Philter’? … Oh God that was terrible.